27 June, 2012

Mind Control







It's amazing how much our brain does for us. It fires up neurons communicating back and forth between receptors to make adjustments in order to create action. It creates the intention and the follow-through.

It is also amazing that the mind can hold us back as well. Like giving into temptation (for me it's cookies) when you are trying to diet. To stay away from situations, things or even people that just aren't good for us. Feigning. "we let our emotions take us over". Our mind creates excuses for us to prevent us from eating healthy or exercising. It can be incredibly powerful in both a positive and a negative sense.

The other day I was running (If you know me, then you know that I HATE running). In my mind I always psych myself out, thinking of the pain in my knee, the distance I have to go, how hard I'm breathing, etc. Everytime my mind says,  "why don't you just stop. It's not comfortable, besides, you are better at eating than you are at running." At that moment, I decided to put my mind on mute and just let the momentum in my body take over. Sometimes we need to lose control in other aspects of our life...like to our body and soul.

No comments:

Post a Comment