23 July, 2012

Fight for your life



So as of late I have been running into some pretty crazy messages life has been trying to signal to me. Basically it comes down to this. We as a society, has stopped fighting for our lives. We have become stagnate.

Fight against having the internet or your phone control you. How much money you make or the car you drive. Fight to live. To not just slump down and take it. People's attitudes are bad all over, but if we aren't fighting back who may I ask is? We are always ready to pass the buck on to someone else, because I aren't ready to give things up that we want. It isn't fair, we just got to play with the new toy and so many other had already experienced it. Alas, soon there will be something else new and the thing we coveted so much two weeks ago has already become old news. Even people are being treated this way. Like disposable objects with no value. I suppose that is what happens when things have no consequence to action, or perhaps we have become so numb to even realize what consequence is.

I just think back to when I was a kid, being thankful that I could feel safe, but always wondering how grown ups kept it together. It was such a mystery to me, but I felt like my parents were my warriors. Fighting for me, even though own no such apparel that was indicative that they fought crime at night. Now that I am older I realize, they are just as vulnerable and looking up to others just as I was to them. Which is disconcerting to say the least. If we aren't able to have courage in ourselves and fight for our lives in every facet of breath, then aren't we just relinquishing ourselves to be captives of wrong-doers? Evil never takes a break, so why should the good? Here is the kicker though, evil has to work much harder at being bad. Think of a candle in the darkness...The ratio of it's luminosity or "candles" outnumbers a large portion of  dark square footage.

I think we have let our feelings and desires change our ability to be level headed. We are completely controlled by things that are ruled superficially. We have become like small children not getting our way- pouting instead of understanding with reason. We simply are lacking discipline, but yet look up to other people who have put themselves through rigid accountability. If we aren't qualifying ourselves, then how may I ask can we qualify other people? So the point I am trying to make is that we need to fight for our lives. Know that death is coming, we just don't know when, and we want to be certain that our entire time living amongst other people is helping them grow and learn to fight for their lives collectively. Because, if you aren't going to fight for yourself, who may I ask will?

No comments:

Post a Comment