03 July, 2012

Boundaries

It seems to be the most common theme in my life at this moment- boundaries. I used to not really have any. Completely unguarded to everyone and everything, and let me tell you, after a while it becomes pretty exhausting. I don't mind giving freely and without expectation, but I also have to consider that just like any account be it a bank account or a human life account- we all have to replenish the source or we go bankrupt.

Think about the reason why we have lacked boundaries in the past. I bet it had a considerably amount of eagerness to please others or woo someone over involved with your "no job to big" mentality. After a while and standing on this verse in the bible, I have realized that the people who truly love you will love you know matter what. Who you are in your purest form (and not over exhausting yourself jumping through someone else's hoops) should be enough for them to be impressed. After that it is all sprinkles and whip cream.

I challenge you to create a boundary for yourself. It can be setting aside time, or just learning how to say no certain things. It is great discipline and can really make you feel more in control of your life and emotions.


No comments:

Post a Comment